At first I thought, “As if”. I’ll never be able to do a technology fast; I’ve too many assignments, and too much research to get done. On the other hand I thought, I can pretend to do it and no one will know, but how will I be able to blog about something I didn’t do. The fast would prove easier than I thought.
Day One: Assignment Receive, Complained about it for 10- 15 minutes, and then seen it as a challenge. I need a way to let people know that I didn’t drop off the face of the earth so I decided to post a comment on face book stating “E-Business Assignment - To abstain for the use of THE INTERNET MY MOBILE PHONE & EMAIL from 1pm today till Wednesday the 9th @ 2pm...... that 48hours” and texted a few close friends at home, which all replied “Good Luck”, well mainly my mam and big sister said that, the rest didn’t care much.
The Mobile phone without a doubt was going to be the hardest of them all, so I thought at the time. So a few of us at the end of class all turned our phone off together, just getting that last text message in. There was a glimmer of excitement as we done it, maybe because we could actually achieve it, or the fact finding your friend on Facebook in the library and having one over on them.
The rest of college was a piece of cake in terms on the technology fast, until I met my friend who had just arrived home from Australia that morning, full of energy, and eager to show me all her photographs, of course on her Iphone, which I’m not able to look at. Furthermore for the rest of the day I had to listen to her and see her showing everyone else the photo which I’m impatiently waiting to see still. The rest of the day when really easy, went home, made dinner, and watched TV (Ross Kemp extreme world on sky 1Brilliant TV) and went to bed with no alarm clock, wondering if I’d wake in time for college in the morning.
Day 2: I woke on day two as normal, I got up and done my normal routine and drove to college. I wasn’t really missing my phone that much yet. College went smoothly enough until I had to access the internet. I only took less than two minutes to email a question off for an assignment. After emailing it, I felt that I had lost my challenge but it was important information that I need to complete as assignment that I needed immediately. I finished what I could of my assignment without using the internet and decide to go home and relax. That evening I was delighted to have my friends to call over, so I could approach them and get them to open my student email inbox and download the relevant documents too finished my assignment off. At the end of day too I had access the internet for less than two minutes, though I hadn’t even turned on my mobile phone.Day 3: This was the easiest of all the days as I knew I was getting my facebook and phone back. I decided to study the full morning. When 2pm eventually came around, I began to become more excited as I'd be able to read all my texts on my mobile. I turned on my phone at the beginning of class, only to be greeted by silence, not one text came through on my phone.


U went online for two mins!?!?!!? CHEATER!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete